Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stuff.

I'm happy to have a rather small house, because if I had a big one I'd fill it. Stuff. I've got tons of it. It just seems to grow out of nowhere, and suddenly I feel overwhelmed. A broken bracelet on the corner of the table that I've been meaning to fix, boxes from things I only meant to keep for 30 days until the waranty expired but haven't gotten around to throwing them out, baskets of folded clean laundry I've been meaning to put away... and then there's the "Stuff I want to sell on ebay" pile that has to be photographed and listed, but the stuff patiently sits and waits for a day that I'm not too tired or too busy.

I'm noticing a strong connection between clutter and anxiety. It kicks in when my stuff is in disarray. This happens easily because I have a lot of it. 3 things out of place, and I can't close the closet door. The stuff in my closets is bursting from the inside out and that's exactly what anxiety feels like. Like I'm bursting from the inside out.

So this weekend, I'm clearing out some clutter. It's been nice knowing you, stuff, but it's time to move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home